China and back!
Posted on June 26, 2012 by Tommy Hansson
Now I have been back in Sweden for one week and I feel that I need express some of the experiences that I have from the three month stay in Beijing.
We, Aaron and I, worked very intense to connect with interesting and valuable customers, colleagues and partners in China – enabling new networks and creating new capabilities for innovations to spur.
One great memory is our Innovation event in Shanghai on which we had the great luck to interact with some curious customers and technology providers from the region. More information at Volvo IT@Facebook
Some short reflections to sum-up the people in China and the city of Beijing
- Warm people that loves children
- High pace city that never sleeps
- Great stable weather with a lot of sunshine
- Risk taking occurs everyday in the traffic
- Working in tall buildings gives you time to reflect and interact while waiting for and in elevators – creates time for innovation
- Everything is big
- Great food!!
- Many technology providers that you never heard of before
- Many innovative vehicles and methods for people and goods transports in the city
- Parks are always full of people dancing and singing -creating energy for others
- The land of big contrasts
The transition back to sweden has gone pretty well and right now we are planning for the upcoming innovation challenge – JAM IT. We will of course utilize our extended network of colleagues all around the world to find new ideas and to build cross functional knowledge within the corporation with the overall goal to generate net value to our customers.
I wish all of you some great months to come!