Last week, our team, TechWatch & Business Innovation, participated in the Volvo Group TechShow, a great full week event, aiming for demonstrating new innovative concepts and solutions that have not yet reached the market. Over 100+ exhibitors, visitors from all Volvo Group BA/BU’s, customers, partners, suppliers, universities external press etc.
Our small team, TechWatch & Business Innovation, had these stations;
- Connected Mechanic
- We explored how mobile technologies can be used to provide personalized and more user friendly access to service information for mechanics.
- The prototype explores new ways to present information to the assembly worker through the use of Smartphones. Enabling the user to get personalized data at the right time and at the location it is needed – saving time and improving quality.
- We explored new methods and technologies for visualization of business and technology roadmaps. By utilizing new innovative ways to interact with data we added value for all stakeholders working with these plans at Volvo.
- Serious leap / game on lean manufacturing
- A prototype that explored the potential of game-based learning, both from a technical and business value perspective.
Meet J-P Fendrich, our TechWatch manager, who presented the “Serious Leap” prototype